Dunblane Cathedral, built upon a Christian site first established by Saint Blane around the year 600, is one of the few surviving medieval churches in Scotland. It is home to a vibrant and welcoming Church of Scotland congregation of around 1,000 members and serves the parish of Dunblane and its surroundings. Within its ancient walls, people of all ages gather to worship and to explore the significance of the life and teaching of Christ.
Times of services:
- Weekly throughout the year
- Sunday morning at 10.30am
- Midweek Service - Thursday morning at 11.00am
- Summer Months
- Family Service - Sunday morning at 9.15am
Dunblane Cathedral is part of the Presbyterian Church of Scotland. The main weekly service is held each Sunday at 10.30am, and all are welcome. During this time, Cathedral Kids also meets and shares in the first part of the Service. A Welcome Area is set close to the Main (South) Door where visitors may make themselves known or seek assistance. Tea and Coffee are served in the Cathedral hall after the Service, to which visitors are especially welcome.
The following facilities are also provided each Sunday at the 10.30am Service:
- A creche is available for children under the age of 3 years.
- Cathedral Kids meets most term time Sundays from Sept-May in the Cathedral halls and welcomes all children from 3 years - S2 stage. Please see 'Events' for details
- A transport service to/from the Cathedral is provided for anyone in the local area who may find this helpful.
- A loop system for the hard of hearing is in operation in the Cathedral.
- Large-print Hymn books are available from the Elders on duty at the door.
- Audio tapes of the Services are available most weeks.
During the summer months, we also hold a short, informal, half hour family service each Sunday starting at 9.15am. All are welcome to join us at this, leaving the rest of the day free to enjoy the summer weather!
In addition to the Sunday services, we also have a weekly mid-week service held on Thursdays at 11.00am in the choir area of the Cathedral. All are most welcome at this informal, short service.
Additional sevices e.g. Evensong may be taking places are other times during the year. Look in the Events page for dates and times and more details.
For special services - baptisms, weddings, etc. - look here for more details.
If you plan to visit Dunblane Cathedral at other times than services, look here for more details, including opening hours.
Cathedral Administrator Vacancy
Dunblane Cathedral is looking for a committed, friendly, people person with administrative and IT skills to co-ordinate and develop further the administration of the congregation in close co-operation with the Ministry Team, staff and office bearers.
The post is for 21 hours per week and will be based within the Dunblane Cathedral Offices.
Salary - £12,000 per annum
A detailed job description is available for download by clicking here.
Applications, with a Curriculum Vitae and the name and address of two referees, should be sent to:
Dunblane Cathedral Session Clerk,
54 Roman Way,
To apply for the position electronically on-line, or to ask any questions relating to the role, please click here.
Closing date for all applications is Tuesday 17 March 2020.
We're looking for volunteers - can you help? If you think you can, please fill in your details HERE and we will get in touch. Thank you.